Total Pageviews

Friday 3 December 2010

Wank Staind Walls

The frustration builds out of me when I see a room full of inanimate objects. nothing makes sense unless you can understand the posh jargon, written in a condescending way to those who don't understand it.

Picking up a leaflet saying that XYZ and artist is trying to explore the boundaries that we surround ourselves with, by looking at the daily fabric of life, or other such over flowered ways to describe vast spaces of emptiness, with maybe too boxes in it or something.

If you haven't cottoned onto what I am talking about, and I don't blame you!, I am talking about concept art and its de valued effect on the nature of creativity. Or specificity how I feel when I am at openings in the venues like the Arnolfini.

In my opinion concept art is generally like the artistic version of leprosy, the sort of thing you don't want to be locked in a room with because you fear it might infect you like a plague.

It has tendency's to lecture you because you are not the intellectual enough to have listened to all of Gershwins works. I mean I am quite an intellectual person, I just dont like being talked down too. which is the exact feeling I get at openings in the Arnolfini.

I mean there are a number of problems with this place anyway, its cold and unfriendly, the layout is all wrong and makes it extremely excluding for some people. I mean whos idea was it to put a big black piece of boarding stuff up with pretentious words written in red on the entrance to their cafe?. I makes look like your entering into a scene from Star wars and not into a place where you just want to have a coffee or something to eat.

You have to be a certain type of eccentric to get Concept Arts mass in joke. You know you have to have mass gelled up hair, brightly coloured cloths with thick rimmed glasses screaming look at me I'm mad and a creative type. when actually they just look like dodgy extras from Skins and proclaim to be much brighter then you actually are.

Everyone has to speak in an ultra condescending manor and pretend to be more intelligent then anyone else, turning their noses on people who do genuinely talk outside the box a bit.

Oh leave me alone, I can feel myself when such a skin twitching individual approaches me, in his crass over the top kind of thing.

I stair around a blank room where a blood stained string is shoddily tied from one side of the room to another. Looking at the badly written description, it is the carp Diem of the bodies lost in drugs war. I shudder to think what that means.

Isn't this exciting art, is it heck. If this is exciting Art
in exclamation marks, then I feel the world of art I belong to is invalid. Its almost like Nazism where everything is cold and sterile, all emotions dead. Its like as if creativity has almost been beaten out of colour, whipped, chained or starved and drilled into set shapes.

Your all spastics for thinking differently, I can hear everybody clatter with the chinks of glasses, clamouring that I can not be calling myself an artist because I don't look like them with their thick rimmed glasses. all dressed the same with the snobby side partings staring at wank stained Walls.

'This is the wall of love' said one person, 'I painted using my knob, its the only way I could get my circular effects and my spray upon the wall' he said doing a circular wrist action.

This is a statement on common life said another person with a cock for his head,n I mean the room was looked with dust cases, how can it be a statement on common life. Its like as if the sort of thing a 5 year old could have done but without any of the charm.

I find myself paralysed with fear when I am in a room with these people, there is something about them which makes my skin crawl. could it be a crass fakeness I get from these people?, I mean I get the sense they are often playing up to me with a smarmie voice pinning me down! Fuck off I can hear myself screaming out loud but I am way too polite to say it out loud. I feel like punching most of the people around me, but yet again I would never act in such a way.


At a bar where I can see Arrogance and his friends Ignorance and Self Indulgence, talking in their self important ways of how great they are, whilst swilling clavier!.
come here I can hear them say in condescending tones, they eyes try to read me with scrutinising looks. he thinks differently to us I could hear them say with an attoned feeling of disgust in their voices.

One by one they come towards me, 'You will believe with us this is art' I can hear them say sounding like the Mysterons from Captain Scarlet. I can feel myself panic when they call this stuff art.

I mean please where ever all these skin crawling people come out from can we tell them to go back under those rocks. I am not thick, I do have a learning difficulty and I am an artist.

On the whole I hate the world of concept art and its cold condescending feeling of places like the Arnolfini, I mean I get on fine with most of the people there Ijust find there is a horrible coldness about the place.

If this is art then I may as well hang myself!

1 comment: